The home of the Leghs of Adlington since 1315, the hall was built on the site of a hunting lodge dating from 1040, the oak tree supports of which still form part of the building.
The Great Hall contains a 17th Century organ built in the style of "Father" Bernard Smith and was played on by Handel. Visitors may see the Rose garden which has undergone major restoration and refurbishment.
Other attractions include a maze, lime avenue, herbacious border and many follies within the 'Wilderness' area with its variety of Rhododendrons and Azaleas.
Adlington Hall is open throughout the year to groups by prior arrangement and the House and Gardens will be open to the public in July & August, Sundays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 2-5pm.
Admission to the House and Garden is £7 for adults, £3 for children and students includes guided tour). Admission to the Gardens only is £5 (children free). Group price (minimum of 20, pre-booked) £6 per person.
Phone numbers for the Estate Office are 01625 829206. All General enquiries contact: 01625 827595.